- The Brews will be tasted blind by BJCP categories.
- All the Brews will be rated by all the BJCP certified judges and sommeliers
- The Best mark per category will win the class Trophy.
- Gold Medals will be awarded to the best beers.
- Silver Medals will be award to beers achieving the 35 points marks on the official BJCP scale.
- Ratings, comments and marks will only be communicated to the applicants, and will not be published, but all entries will receive valuable feedback.
- Only bottled beers from commercial breweries. No Ciders/Meads.
Our BJCP judges list will meet the number of entry to make sure we have the best quality of judging for this 2016.
In 2017 we invited sommeliers members of the South African Sommeliers Association to give more visibility to the world of beers into the restaurants.
Sommeliers Academy is partner of the 2017 National Beer Trophy.
Matthew Hurst is in charge of validating the 2017 Jury.